Vacation in the US


When I started this blog the intent was to show the beauty of Thailand through photographs.  It wasn’t going to be wordy or preachy, and so far I’ve been true to that idea.  I’m going to depart from that notion just a little bit with some photos taken during my recent visit to the US.  One goal during this visit was to re-connect with people I had not seen in a very long time, some for several decades.  The trip was largely a success.  While there I made some observations and came to some conclusions.  But I can’t share them without going down that wordy, preachy road.  Besides, one observation was that few people look at the pictures and even fewer read the words anyway.  This blog will continue to mimic a comic book, with pictures for those who are interested and as few words as possible.  So, if you’re ready for some pics…
...let's rock!


Mt. Rose, viewed from the east.


My first night back at Tahoe the temps dropped to 15F.  Here's some ice starting to form at Emerald Bay.


Emerals Bay and Lake Tahoe.



For my Thai friends who don't understand the term "snow blower..."


...or, "shoveling snow."



My house at Tahoe. 


Unusual cloud formations over the lake at sunset.


This was my attempt to photograph the recent Super Moon as it rose over Heavenly Valley.


I spent a day with a friend in the wilderness east of Reno.  It is a vast and beautiful place.





Wild horses, or feral horses, or Mustangs.  Whatever you call them, they're a beatiful site to see.


We think this is a pine martin.  Agree?


Mouth of the Noyo  River, west of Willits.


Surf breaking over the rocks at Pacific Grove.


And for all of my conservative friends...